Chocolate Mud Cake
I've been wanting to post this recipe for the past few days after making this amazing cake. I kept waiting for the right opportunity to take the perfect photo of it. But today I realized if I wait much longer, there would be nothing to photograph. To say this cake is amazing is a downplay. It's probably the best desert I've had all year.
I got the recipe from Whole Food Simply and then slightly modified how I cooked it. What I love most about this recipe is that it has no refined flour or sugar. Also it has some nice healthy fats to counterbalance the sugars. I highly recommend you go buy the ingredients asap and try it for yourself. You'll be thanking me!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 400 grams dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 6 pasture fed eggs
- 2 cups almond meal
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- Grease and line 18cm cake tin
- Bring water to a boil in double boiler
- In a double boiler add coconut milk, chocolate, and honey. Once chocolate has melted, mix until well combined. When finished remove from heat and set aside
- In a medium sized bowl mix eggs and almond meal. Once well combined add chocolate mixture. Then put mixture into your prepared cake tin.
- Place your cake tin into a roasting dish. Pour remaining water from double boiler into the roasting dish until it reaches halfway up the sides of the cake tin. Place in preheated oven and bake for 70 min. After 70 min remove cake tin from water and put back into the oven for 10 min. Leave the cake in tin and allow to cool at room temperature. Serve. Eat. Enjoy. Thank me. :-)
PS Run your knife through water prior to cutting the cake.