When you are in the middle of a health crisis it's often important to remove sugar from your diet to reduce inflammation, reset the gut microbiome and balance hormones. But I have found that a little treat is still sometimes in order...because we are human and nothing in life is sustainable long term without a little treat here and there.
Last night I made these cookies for Sage and I and we both were perfectly satiated by the mild sweetness. There is absolutely no cane sugar in these if you buy the right chocolate chips.
If used as a treat and not eaten daily, I feel these can be a part of most individual's diet, whether during a healing journey or maintaining current good health.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (Pascha Organic 100% Cacao Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chips)
- 1/4 cup of chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Smash banana and mix with egg. Slowly add coconut oil. Add the coconut flour, vanilla, vinegar, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix until smooth. Lastly add chocolate chips and dates.
- Using a spoon drop 1 in. balls of batter onto the baking tray leaving space between them. Smash a bit if you want them flat...I did not.
- Bake for 40 minutes.